Marketing in the News- Barbie Movie

 


                             The Barbie Movie


I don't know about you- but all I've beeb seeing is stuff about the Barbie movie, and being a girl who grew up loving barbies the marketing on this movie has been everywhere. 

It has taken the movie industry 15 years to successfully produce the upcoming Barbie movie that will be in theaters on July 21st. Barbie has been an icon since 1959. Because the movie has taken so long Mattel what's to ensure that this movie does well. 

Mega campaign - https://www.mamamia.com.au/barbie-movie-marketing/ 

Barbies Value of Proposition is, the value to let children to explore and express themselves, I think that Barbie have and always will be so popular is because they are all so different and thats what I think they continue to sell more. They are fun, but also cute and that captures the eyes of young girls from an early age. 

The marketing team for the Barbie Movie has gone above and beyond. They really want this movie to do well. it is rumored that they have at least 100 million dollars for their marketing funds. Some of the examples being, Barbie x Airbnb with a barbie dream house you can rent out, Barbie x Cold stone, Barbie limited edition tooth brush and tooth paste, Barbie nail polish, Barbie makeup and hair care, sp many different collaborations with clothing companies, and many more. 

I think what makes this marketing approach so unique is the we haven't seen this much marketing for a single movie in a very long time if not ever. I really do this that there is something for everyone when it comes to this movie. I think that the marketing approach was so good. Being a girl who loves pink I am loving everything that they are doing. Including having Margot Robbie- The actress who plays barbies, going on press tours, and dressing up as old babies. 


Although I think that the Marketing movie is great, There is always room for improvement somewhere. One way I think that would make an improvement or even something to to add to make it better is having a movie premiere where the cast is at and they invite other influencers to get the word out, but also invite "normal people" and make it some sort of a contest to be able to get invite for example have a presale for the movie disk, or with movie theater tickets. For the premier I would  have the dress code be either, everyone wear Barbie Pink, or dress like a past Barbie doll. 

Something I learned from this is that if you have the marketing budget do it. I think that it in this case the movie seems to be much more exciting because it builds an excitement for the viewers, and Barbie fans. I also think that with this it's good to have a big target market to reach the sales that you need from all different demographics. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Blog

SOCIAL LISTENING